Author Topic: installing isis2 on mac OS 10.4.10 (SOLVED)  (Read 4975 times)

jani

• Horus (New Member)
    • Email
installing isis2 on mac OS 10.4.10 (SOLVED)
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
Hi - I am debating installing ISIS 2 (for Cassini Radar and ISS and Galileo SSI analyses, reprojections, and measurements) on the dual-core Intel Xeon chip Mac with OS 10.4.10 (Tiger).  How do you recommend I do this?  Am I better off obtaining a Linux box instead?  Thanks!

jshinaman

• Isis Support Team
  • Isis (Extreme Power Member)
    • http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov
installing isis2 on mac OS 10.4.10 (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:48:09 AM »
Our ISIS 2 Mac binaries were built using Mac OSX 10.3.  These binaries may work on 10.4, but we can not guarantee this.

If you have a choice, I would use a Mac OSX 10.3 or Linux SuSE 9.0 or higher.  For more complete installation specifications refer to the following link:

http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/Isis2/isis-bin//installation.cgi

Thanks,

Jac Shinaman
Jac Shinaman
U.S. Geological Survey - Astrogeology
2255 N. Gemini Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

jani

• Horus (New Member)
    • Email
isis2 installed on Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
I was able to successfully install ISIS 2 on my MacPro and MacBookPro (see first post for specs).  Some keys: Be sure to write to directories with permissions (as per the ISIS installation page).  Be sure X11 is installed - this comes with the Mac OSX installation disk, but must be specifically requested on download.  Since I'm not a whiz, I needed to be told to type (after download is complete) echo $SHELL so it knew to put information into my profile or somesuch...  And so the directory knows where to look for the ISIS files, I type . isis_profile each time before starting tae or qview.  Finally, you can run tae from iTerm but you must be in an X11 window to run qview.  Many thanks to Kris Becker for his help on this!  Jani