Author Topic: how to control different frames for same location  (Read 1240 times)

xiaobeary

• Anubis (Very Active Member)
    • Email
how to control different frames for same location
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:19:52 AM »
Hello guys,

I wish to see some recent changes on the surface of Mars by comparing images obtained at different time for a same location. Before start, I have several questions to ask:

If the photometric information is similar for the different images, after empirical photometric calibration, how reliable can we trust the reflectance values?

If the photometric information (e.g., i, e, p angles) is substantially different, after empirical photometric calibration, can we still interpret surface changes by reflectances?

Also, I noticed that in many cases, even though I used exactly the same .map file (projection, resolution, center and boundary coordinates) for different camera images, the images cannot be exactly match each other, some images seems to show 'offsets' or 'jumps' compared with others. I did not run coreg, or qtie. Was that the problem?

It would be great, if you can share some isis scripts that handle the same issue. for example, scripts used to process HiRISE images for a same location to find new craters or recent changes, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0019103513005393?

Thank you.

Zhiyong Xiao