Author Topic: Downloading DATA files only (CLOSED)  (Read 6293 times)

dr.lizard

Downloading DATA files only (CLOSED)
« on: April 22, 2006, 06:19:29 AM »
Hi.

I have ISIS installed.

I would like to download several new target definition files, such as tethys.def

I tried using rsync and running isis_install, but it will NOT update my data directories without re-installing isis.

I only want to download the NAIF files and target definitions that i do not already have. I do not want to update the software - it works(!)

Is there an FTP or Web site where i can download ONLY the files i want, such as tethys.def, 05058_05099pg_psiv2.bc, iapetus.def.1, cas00091.tsc, m01_ext2.bsp

Failing that, is there a way to modify the isis_install script so it will ONLY download the files i want - and will put them in the directories i already have set up??

Thanks!

janderson

• Isis Support Team
  • Isis (Extreme Power Member)
    • http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »
Hi,

I would not recommend downloading the data without updating the binaries.  If you are worried about problems then rsync a whole new version of ISIS 2 to a different drive/directory.  If you have problems then you can point to the old version using the old startup script.

Since our install script looks to see if you already have ISIS setup you will need to remove the startup script from your shell .profile/.bashrc or .login/.cshrc files.

Jeff

isismgr

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »
Closed due to inactivity