qview - match point tool produces errors when attempting to display registration fit chips
qview and coreg.
When a control net file has been loaded, and an existing point is selected to be modified, after the user 'registers' the measure and then selects 'save registration chips', multiple pop-up errors are stacked stating that a file can't be open.
This does not happen when no control net is loaded and a new point is created, it functions and displays
#3 Updated by Stuart Sides almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from qnet -qview- - match point tool produces errors when attempting to display registration fit chips to qnet - match point tool produces errors when attempting to display registration fit chips
Description sounded like a qnet problem instead of qview
#4 Updated by Lynn Weller almost 6 years ago
In addition, fit chip files are created but named in such a way you can't do much with them, for example:
Row 1 Column 1_128_128_128_128_Fit.cub
Row 1 Column 1_128_128_128_128_Pattern.cub
Row 1 Column 1_128_128_128_128_Search.cub
Those spaces in the name are likely creating the problems. Once I rename them (hassle) I can them open them in qview and try to figure out what whether my def could use some tweaking.
FYI, not sure about Tammy's specifics, but in my case I had a coreg output network opened and was trying to understand why a number of my points failed registeration. The "Row 1 Column 1" part in the fit chip filenames are the PointId as coreg records it. It's possible this is a separate issue and that program might need some updating to come up with a better PointId so that qview match tool can handle things better. Don't know.
#12 Updated by Tammy Becker over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
The saved chips are now loading into qview fine, thank you. Is it possible to improve the saved filenames of these chips with an underscore rather than a space? Lynn touches on this in a previous note. The spaces in the filenames under linux are difficult to work with.
qnet filenames are produced with underscores such as: EW0221673142G_LL_36_996_820_785_Fit.cub
If this is not possible under this ticket, then I will open a new separate one.
#14 Updated by Tammy Becker over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Three issues were tested under this ticket:
1) matchpointtool error when attempting to display registration fit chips - this is fixed
2) coreg producing pointid's for the output network with spaces are now replaced with underscores - this works
3) matchpointtool now will take an input point id (existing old-coreg netfile/or user-created) that contains spaces and when the user selects to display the registration fit chips, it will replace the spaces with underscores for the generated output filenames. - this works also
Test area: /work/users/tbecker/IsisTesting/Mantis1130_Qview/TestMatchToolUnder1130/Coreg_M1551/