Project

General

Profile

Bug #4618

isis2std - ConnectTime doesn't make sense

Added by Lynn Weller 10 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Applications
Target version:
Impact:

Application now uses QTime instead of time_t to calculate connectTime.

Software Version:
Test Reviewer:

Description

The ConnectTime reported to screen and the print.prt for isis2std has changed :

Group = Accounting
ConnectTime = -35791394:-8:-nan
CpuTime = 00:02:12.5
End_Group

I just noticed this today running under isis3production2017-02-07, but I've gone back to other Themis tiles and see that this also occurred under isis3production2017-01-17.
It's possible it was occurring even before then, but I wasn't working on astrovm4 too much prior to that date.
I do not see other applications doing this.

History

#1 Updated by Tammy Becker 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Acknowledged

#2 Updated by Tammy Becker 9 months ago

  • Target version set to 3.5.1 (Sprint 1)

#3 Updated by Lynn Weller 8 months ago

  • Test Reviewer set to Lynn Weller

This appears to specifically be a problem with format=jp2. I tested on a themis ir image as well as a messenger image attempting to export to each available output format and only format=jp2 produces the unusual ConnectTime output.

Files for testing (if needed) are under /work/users/lweller/Isis3Tests/Isis2Std/ - see EW0218075871G.lev2.cub and I45495018RDR.lev2.sigstr.cub.

Nothing fancy about the command line other than setting format=jp2 and using defaults elsewhere.

There's plenty of coverage in the app tests so nothing to add there. The problem is with the ConnectTime value which appears on screen and in the print.prt so it's not clear how this could evaluated in an app test if at all.

And not being able to export to gif (#1667) is still a thing.

#5 Updated by Stuart Sides 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Acknowledged to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Stuart Sides

#6 Updated by Stuart Sides 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to In Progress

#7 Updated by Ian Humphrey 7 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Acknowledged

#8 Updated by Ian Humphrey 7 months ago

  • Assignee deleted (Stuart Sides)

#9 Updated by Stuart Sides 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Acknowledged to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Christopher Combs

#10 Updated by Ian Humphrey 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to In Progress

#11 Updated by Christopher Combs 6 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Impact updated (diff)

#12 Updated by Christopher Combs 6 months ago

Now built for astrovm4 in standard work area.

#13 Updated by Lynn Weller 6 months ago

I've tested this in a variety of ways and the ConnectTime looks good to me.

After someone reviews/approves the code, I will close the post.
Thanks!

#14 Updated by Ian Humphrey 6 months ago

Code changes look good!

I would suggest that in the header, you have doxygen comments for the QTime:

QTime m_connectTime; //!< Brief description about this member

I would change its prefix from p_ to m_ as well

#15 Updated by Lynn Weller 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

#16 Updated by Stuart Sides 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from 3.5.1 (Sprint 1) to 3.5.1 (2017-08-08 Aug)

Also available in: Atom PDF