Add ability to select the filename of an open cube in qview
Minimal -- Added functionality should have minimal impact.
Add the ability to select (for the purposes of copying and pasting)the filename of an open cube in qview.
#7 Updated by Cole Neubauer 5 months ago
With the line
We have a class to handle fileNames called FileName, use this instead of QFileInfo. Look into its documentation to know it better but you will probably want to use either baseName() or name() depending on what you want returned from the path you pass it.
#10 Updated by Tammy Becker 5 months ago
I've tested this new feature and the ctrl-c captures the filename displayed as expected, I 'pasted' successfully into an open 'emacs' document.
1) I tried it with multiple files open - worked as expected
2) I tried it under the browse window functionality - it worked as expected, the filename changed accordingly as a new image was loaded into the window.
3) I tried it on an "isis2" cube file that automatically invokes pds2isis with a temporary filename- the ctrl-c captures the original filename rather than the "Temp..." filename - this is good.
Where will this new feature be documented? With this question in mind, notes follow that might be worthy of user documentation:
I work with ISIS on a PC through Xming/Putty, the only way the captured filename works smoothly for me is with an open 'emacs' document with 'paste' (it might work with vi, etc.). I cannot seem to recover the captured filename on my xterm window, and cannot paste it in an open Word document. This might be my environment and simple ignorance on my part.
One limitation is that the directory path to the file is not captured...I displayed all the images from different directory. Only the root file (file.cub) is captured. Not the end of the world, but worth noting (we might not always want a path if it creates an incredible length of characters). A future option? maybe.
#14 Updated by Tammy Becker 5 months ago
All features work great!
1) The path is now included with the image display ctrl-c feature. Now consistent with the export list.
2) Export list still works great with the paths included.
3) The behavior of supplying qview a list of cubes is now nicely flexible with input filename extensions; it no longer requires a .lis. The error encountered if a line read in from the input list cannot be displayed behaves very nicely prompting the user to continue or not. I especially like the name of the problem file read in is displayed and included in the error pop-up.
New request: the input list feature is so nice, is there a possibility to add "open cube list" from the qview-File drop down window?