ISIS 3.5.2 Release Candidate is available
A release candidate for ISIS 3.5.2 has been put on the rsync servers. It contains all of the bug fixes, features and new instruments destined for 3.5.2.
Control networks memory usage has been optimized.
Fedora25 is now supported with this release candidate. Fedora21 is no longer supported.
ISIS3's source code is now hosted on a public GitHub site.
Do not use this version for production work.
The data area for 3.5.2 is compatible with the public release
Issues with release documentatation:
* The ParameterChanges document is not correct. This will be patched in a second release candidate.
* The release notes detail too many changes (since isis3.5.0). This will be patched in a second release candidate.
Changes planning to be patched into a second release candidate:
* Updated cnetbin2pvl documentation
* Removing unused ControlGraph class
* Added pointAdded method to ControlNet for optimization
* Fixed unit conversion in EquatorialCylindricalShape::intersectSurface
The online documentation will not be updated until the full release of 3.5.2. The full documentation is available offline once it has been downloaded. See: $ISISROOT/doc/index.html
The manual download and installation process is the same as the stable distribution except for the rsync module names. The automatic installer only works for stable public releases. Use the following rsync modules:
x86-64_darwin_OSX_beta = Isis 3.5.2 beta - Mac OSX 64-bit 10.11 and 10.12 systems x86-64_linux_DEBIAN_beta = Isis 3.5.2 beta - Linux x86 64-bit Debian 8 systems x86-64_linux_FEDORA_beta = Isis 3.5.2 beta Linux x86 64-bit Fedora 25 systems x86-64_linux_RHEL_beta = Isis 3.5.2 beta - Linux x86 64-bit RHEL 7 systems x86-64_linux_UBUNTU_beta = Isis 3.5.2 beta - Linux x86 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 systems
Once you have downloaded this version the release notes can be viewed at: file:///$ISISROOT/doc/documents/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes.html
If you find a problem with this release candidate or need help with ISIS? Please submit all questions, comments, feature requests, and bug reports through the issue tracking system.
* New users, request a login: http://astrocloud.wr.usgs.gov/index.php?view=edituser&act=request.
* Existing users, login: https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/fixit/projects/isis/issues.
Supported operating systems:
Red Hat Enterprise 7 Debian 8 Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Fedora 25 Mac OS 10.11 & 10.12