ISIS 3.6.0 Stable Release Available
A full stable release,
isis3.6.0 is available for download.
The binaries (applications) for this release candidate are not hosted on the rsync servers anymore; instead, they are hosted at Anaconda.org (instructions below will describe in detail how to download and set up the isis3.6.0 environment).
Note that the data will still be distributed on the rsync servers.
Please see https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/documents/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes.html for more information about the changes in isis3.6.0.
The following notable changes have been made to isis3.6.0:
first public release of ipce application -- Up to now, 30+ standalone ISIS3 applications have been required for the photogrammetric control process in ISIS3. The process can be difficult to understand, error-prone, inefficient, and costly. IPCE (Integrated Photogrammetric Control Environment) is intended to ultimately integrate all aspects of the photogrammetric control process into a single environment. IPCE improves the control process through the 1) simplification of data management; 2) implementation of rigorous algorithms; 3) automation of processes and analysis; and 4) provision of statistical and graphical data analysis tools. Currently IPCE combines functionality of ISIS applications jigsaw, qmos, qnet, and qview.
corrected inaccuracies with tracking in the mosaicking software
refactored clementine camera model
- implemented CMake infrastucture for building and testing
- dependency management migrated from internal process to using conda and Anaconda.org for building and distribution
- isis3.6.0+ applications hosted on Anaconda.org instead of rsync server (data still hosted on rsync servers)
- test data now hosted on rsync server (
- If you are developing on macOS10.13, there is a type of warning you will likely encounter that is not related to building isis3. This seems to be an issue with how the command line tools (development SDK) is shipped on macOS10.13. The warnings look like: > ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/AGL.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/AGL are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking.
The following operating systems are supported for this release candidate:
* macOS High Sierra 10.13
(Other Linux/macOS variants may be able to run this release candidate, but are not supported.)
If you find a problem with this release, please create an issue here: https://github.com/USGS-Astrogeology/ISIS3/issues/new
If you already have installed the release candidate, activate your isis3.6.0 environment then run:
conda install -c usgs-astrogeology isis3
If you have not installed the release candidate, please follow the instructions here: https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/documents/InstallGuide/index.html
If you want to be able to run isis3 applications without activating an environment every time you login or create a new terminal, follow these instructions:
For Linux, add the following lines to the bottom of ~/.bashrc. For macOS, add the following lines to the bottom of ~/.bash_profile:
source activate isis3 python $CONDA_PREFIX/scripts/isis3VarInit.py source activate isis3
For documentation, open
For release notes, open