ISIS Online Workshops¶
- ISIS Online Workshops
Welcome to the ISIS Training Workshop¶
The ISIS Training Workshop is a collection of tutorials designed to enable students to learn the basics and develop progressively advanced skills in planetary image processing with ISIS3. Many of the tutorials have interactive exercises where you can visualize what is being described, and some have links to data you can download and practice using in ISIS3. Select a lesson below to start learning ISIS.
- ISIS3 is scheduled for regular public releases, please be aware that some of the contents of this workshop might not be consistent with the most recent public release version.
- The most obvious inconsistencies would be parameter names and parameter defaults.
- As resources allow, we will make our best effort to update the lessons accordingly, the basics and workflow of the lessons will hopefully remain helpful.
- Introduction to ISIS : Basic introduction to ISIS3, its interfaces, display
- Locating and Ingesting Image Data : Overview of finding image data and importing it into ISIS3
- ISIS Cube Format: Understanding the ISIS3 image cube format
- Understanding Bit Types: Introduction to image data bit types
- Core Base and Multiplier: Understanding core base and multiplier ISIS3 cube attributes
- Special Pixels: Understanding what special pixels are and how they are used in ISIS3
General Image Processing¶
- The Power of Spatial Filters: Introduction to spatial filters
- Removing Striping Noise from Image Data: General destriping procedure
- GeneralUtility-fx: Apply arithmetic operations with the fx application
- SPICE: Spacecraft & Planetary ephemerides, Instrument C-matrix and Event kernels
- Camera Geometry: ISIS3 applications with access to image geometry
- Learning About Map Projections: Understanding the types of Projections supported by ISIS3
- Image Registration: Overview
- Automatic Registration: Pattern Matching
- Autoseed: Automatic seeding of tiepoints (Updated)
- Multi-Instrument Registration: Merging multiple mission data
Mission Specific ISIS3 Processing¶
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO):
- Mars Global Surveyor (MGS):
- Mars Viking Orbiter Mission:
- Cassini-Huygens Mission:
- Working with Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO)